Friday, June 4, 2010

Choir Tour Day 3




Friday was a great day of fun! The City Museum was probably one of the coolest places on earth! Everyone had a blast!

Here is a magnet wall...we left our mark!
Spontaneous concert in the middle of the museum:


Here's a group going down the roof top slide. Kathy King went down at least twenty times! She loved it...





There were plenty of places to crawl around in:


Some students hanging out waiting for lunch!

After the City Museum we headed to Kansas City. There we hung out at a shopping mall for a few hours and then headed to the hotel, where we will be for two nights. Saturday will be a fun day! In the morning we will have our concert with God. Pray that hearts will be in the right place and that the presence of God will be felt. Then we will head to another retirement center for a concert, and back to the hotel for an afternoon of naps, hang out time, or shopping. In the evening we'll head to the Kansas City Royals game! Hey, it's no Cardinals, but it will still be fun!

We miss you all back home! Be praying for our last few concerts. Also pray that we remember why we are on this trip and we act in a way that shows that at all times. Pray that our lights shine everywhere we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll post this now so that you can see it tonight or whenever you post again on your blog.

Today is Saturday June 5th, 2010 and while I was with my wife and daughter we saw your group in Kansas City. :) I want to just say that it has been a long time since I have seen a group as large as yours and yet still be so respectful. You were all wearing red t-shirts and were at Crown Center one of the premier shopping areas in Kansas City area.
One of the reasons that I noticed your group was because I myself am a pastor here in the Kansas City area at Fair Haven Baptist Church. Our youth group is very small, but it is my desire to see my group one day be a lot like your's!
Thank you for your testimony! Although I never saw you all sing, I saw your true selves in public and admire that even more. :) I noted your church name on your t-shirts and looked up your church online. Then I found the link to the blog, and had to write. Hope you guys have a great time in KC and a great trip home!

In His Service,
Pastor Nathan Gast

Kathy Dawson said...

Did anyone ride the rooftop Ferris Wheel? I have! What a trip!